Wheeler Clinic’s fourth annual An Evening of Wonder on October 11, 2014 brought another evening of hope, healing and transformation to the Hartford Marriott Downtown and raised $100,000 to support Wheeler’s continuum of coordinated, integrated primary and behavioral health care services.
The event, attended by more than 300 business and community leaders, honored five outstanding individuals and organizations for their commitment to building health equity in underserved communities.
- Patricia Baker, president and chief executive officer, Connecticut Health Foundation;
- Kurt Barwis, FACHE, president and chief executive officer, Bristol Hospital and Health Care Group, Inc.;
- Christopher Dadlez, FACHE, president and chief executive officer, Saint Francis Care;
- Louise Murphy, MPA, LPC, CEAP, president, Aetna Behavioral Health; and
- Dick Salmon, M.D., Ph.D., national medical director for performance management and improvement, Cigna
Connecticut Lieutenant Governor Nancy Wyman served as the event’s Honorary Chair, and Fox CT News Anchor Jenn Bernstein served as the event emcee. Aetna was the event’s Presenting Sponsor, and Cigna, Deloitte and C&R Marketing Services of Bristol also were among top sponsors. Jake Biscoglio and William D. Gombatz, Wheeler trustees, served as event co-chairs.
The Roundup currently has over 5,700 subscriptions and a local social media following of over 95,000 readers across multiple social media sites, apps, pages, and groups.
The Roundup is also a proud member of WordPress. This affiliation offers readers more news from FOX 61 and CBS Connecticut on The Roundup.
Recent Posts From Roundup Partner: CBS Connecticut
‘Cathy Ryan Is A Lot Of Women I Knew Growing Up’: Amanda Clayton Talks ‘City On A Hill’, Kevin Bacon, Aldis Hodge
Clayton explains why family and pride mean so much in Boston and what it was like to work with Kevin Bacon.
If you love cats but are allergic to them, a team of scientists in Switzerland could have the purrfect solution for you.
The boy who would grow up to be WWE Superstar Titus O’Neil was helped to find the right path by a mentor who believed in him.